Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Highland Trail 2018 - Introduction.

A friend said to me some years ago to enjoy my time cycling with Tom, as once he was a teenager he would most likely divert his attentions away from cycling with his Dad, to hanging out with his mates.
Fisherfield hike a bike.


I can confirm that after riding at Strathpuffer, cycling with Tom became less frequent.

"Where are we cycling this weekend Tom?" often received the reply "I've already arranged to go to the skate park with my scooter to meet my friends." 

I was cool with this, in fact I'd usually drive Tom there and pick him up. So not much cycling time for me either. Life isn't all about riding bikes when you're a teenager.

I did mention to Tom that he had a place on the start line of a rather long bike ride at the end of May, but he always assured me we could do some big rides next week.

That "next week" eventually arrived, that is the last week of May.

As we lined up at the start in Tyndrum, including the miles we had ridden at Strathpuffer, our 2018 cycling mileage stood at 200 miles!

Oh, and this year, Tom was expected to carry his own set of kit. So no shared equipment meant that his bike would be noticeably heavier than in 2017.

Frankly I thought are chances of finishing were tiny, though maybe lessons would be learned.

Click through to the index by day.......

Snickers = Energy




No comments:

Post a Comment