Thursday, December 13, 2012

Minipips new blog first post.



Every blog has to start with a first post, so here's a quick intro for those who don't know us.

Minipips is my boy and he loves cycling. He doesn't have that name on his birth certificate though.

My name is Richard and I too enjoy riding bikes and other outdoors stuff.

Over the last year Minipips enthusiasm for cycling has increased so much that I thought it'd be nice for him to have his own little part of the internet. Though he has featured on my mainly running blog here, doing his first sportive in a cyclo-cross style and the account of his UK double coast to coast ride via Hadrian's Cycleway here.

We've got some good stuff coming up over the Xmas holidays, so stay tuned.

I'll sign of with a quote, not from anyone famous, but from a lady in her sixties we came across in a cafe last weekend. She asked my son what the furthest he'd ever cycled in a day was to which he replied.

"75 miles"

Her retort.

"I didn't think children were allowed to do that anymore"

No comments:

Post a Comment